Meli Petersson Ellafi
Meli Petersson Ellafi is a photographer (b. 1988) who lives and works in Gothenburg, Sweden. Educated at Nordic School of Photography with Anna Clarén, Jonas Beggren and Mikkel Örstedholm as mentors.
In 2015 Meli signed a freelance contract with the newspaper Expressen and was one of their photographers working with reportage and cover larger news events.
Today Meli is employed by Göteborgs-Posten (GP).
Göteborgs-Posten, Expressen, Bildbyrån, Kvällsposten, Östran, Kit, Dagens Nyheter, Svenska Dagbladet, Aftenposten, Le Monde, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, TT News Agency
Photojournalism, Nordic School of Photography, Biskops-Arnö, 2012-2015
Basic course for photographic education, Photo School of Stockholm, 2009-2010
– Val, Galleri Kontrast, Stockholm, Sweden, 2014
– Val, First Hotel G, Göteborg, Sweden, 2014
– Pictures of the Year, Group Exhibitions, Galleri Kontrast, 2017
– Pictures of the Year, Group Exhibitions, Galleri Kontrast, 2018
– Pictures of the Year, Group Exhibitions, Galleri Kontrast, 2020
– Project Panorama, Group Exhibitions, Fotografiska Stockholm, 2021
Articles and reviews
Awards and nominations
– Picture of the Year Sweden, 1st Daily Life Sweden
– Nominated for Guldspaden, Sweden's finest journalism awards in
– Picture of the Year Sweden, Honorary Prize of the Jury
– Nominated for Joop Swart Masterclass
– Picture of the Year Sweden, 3rd Sports Reportage
– Nominated for The Swedish Grand Prize for Journalism, Innovator of the Year
– Winner of Guldspaden, Sweden's finest journalism awards in
– Winner of Wendelapriset, one of Sweden's finest journalism awards for best
social impact reportage.
– First place in INMA Global media awards, ”Best initiative to acquire subscribers”